Bulkhead / Vent Repair - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Mike Deery
1984 D-90
Bulkhead / Vent Repair

I posted a similar inquiry a long time ago, but received no responses that resolved my issue. I am hoping that I'll have some luck this time. My bulkhead is generally solid except the area just below the winscreen (above the front vents). The corners are great (they may have been replaced at some time) and the door pillars are top notch. The steel above the vents (particularly where the vent hinges attach to the bulkhead) are starting to show some rust through. Are there any replacement components, similar to the corner pieces that are available at Rovers North? Any UK sources? If not, I guess I will have to see if I can find the rare commodity of a body shop that actually has an experienced metal worker / fabricator. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old November 7th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Paul Clay
1983 110
YRM make some interesting bits: http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.co.uk

There used to be some repair panels that covered the entire top portion, corner to corner including the vents. I think it was Craddocks.

1983 110
1970 SIIA 88, Sold
1996 Disco I, RIP
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:00 PM
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II
I have a bulkhead repair panel that I'm not going to use. It replaces the entire top from below the hood to the windshield and side to side. I ordered from the UK, but found a replacement bulkhead.

Trying to find a photo. PM me if you're interested.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions