Bulkhead Thread - Page 9 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-874246167.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	112658

Got the RHD vinyl cover put back on. I have a leather cover that came in from that seller on eBay that was mentioned. But it came in a little messed up. I am in talks with the seller to get it sorted. If I had a good RHD lower dash to start with it wouldn't have been a bad exercise at all. Especially with LHD lower dashes listing for over a grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:55 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Don,
Before you install the lower dash, run a bead of seam sealer over every seam. I neglected to do so when I initially built my 110. This past summer, I pulled the entire dash apart to put some second skin LLP behind the entire dash. At the same time I sealed all of the seams in the lower dash. It made a HUGE difference in the heater air flow.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:26 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
Don, Before you install the lower dash, run a bead of seam sealer over every seam. I neglected to do so when I initially built my 110. This past summer, I pulled the entire dash apart to put some second skin LLP behind the entire dash. At the same time I sealed all of the seams in the lower dash. It made a HUGE difference in the heater air flow.
Thanks for the tip. Was hoping people like you would chime in with things that work and don't work. I was thinking running something on the inside edges of the lower dash and will definitely do it now. And any old seam sealer from NAPA / Pep Boys.

I forgot to mention it but I put some foam padding I got from the hardware store on the flaps so they would seal better if closed.

Btw - what do you mean by second skin LLP? Would the dynamat be similar to what you did?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Lol - I want to see how it looks myself! I think the galvy with the blue will be a nice contrast. I am stripping the blue off the vent covers and will polish them and run polished windscreen brackets too. My plan is for the galvy to fade and have that natural look and feel like a weathered cedar roof and darkened cooper gutters (which I have on my house).
I'm looking forward to seeing it too! Keep up the good work.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:51 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Btw - what do you mean by second skin LLP? Would the dynamat be similar to what you did?
Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro, good stuff. Each manufacturer of sound control insulation has their own set of products. Some are designed to change the resonance of panels ( what you are using), some are designed to block certain frequencies and some are designed to absorb certain frequencies. I am unaware of a silver bullet for sound insulation. Different products/tools for different jobs.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:03 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro, good stuff. Each manufacturer of sound control insulation has their own set of products. Some are designed to change the resonance of panels ( what you are using), some are designed to block certain frequencies and some are designed to absorb certain frequencies. I am unaware of a silver bullet for sound insulation. Different products/tools for different jobs.
Thanks for the details
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:17 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Just thought this thread was long overdue for a revival. Picked a couple more up from galvanising today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170926_130543.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	303505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170926_130722.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	303513  

Old September 26th, 2017, 02:34 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstone View Post
Just thought this thread was long overdue for a revival. Picked a couple more up from galvanising today.
amazing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions