Bulkhead Swap - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM
1993 D110
Bulkhead Swap

I have rust o plenty, some (much) worse than others on the bulkhead/firewall of my 110. As this is my daily driver, I cannot tolerate much downtime. As a result, I am considering purchasing a new bulkhead and swapping out, rather then removing, repairing, repainting and reistalling. My questions are:

1. How difficult is this? (I already plan to have the top and doors off for some other rust repair - I dont anticipate the top and doors preventing me from driving)
2. Are there any gotchas that I should look out for when replacing and are there parts that should be replaced along the way, rather than re-used?

Thanks in advance,

Old July 26th, 2005, 08:37 PM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
That is the best bet. Then you can take it off all in one and remove things piece by piece and install them on the new bulkhead whick will be on the truck already. I would check the heater box while it is off. Might be a good time to do the matrix or the entire box. Also, how old it the master cylinder for the clutch?? You will need to remove the front fenders so if you have things to do on the motor, now will be the time. Here are some pics from my project http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&page=5&pp=15
Legend in My Own Mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions