Bulkhead-preparation for painting? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:33 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Bulkhead-preparation for painting?

I have a bulkhead on my ST that I am going to repaint. I am using POR 15 on the rusted areas. I know a few of you guys have rebuilt trucks, and I was just wondering, how in the world did you get the bulkhead clean enough to paint? There is mastic and silicone everywhere. Did you just beadblast it?

Thanks

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:23 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

chris if your bulk head has everything off of it (all the plastic plugs and alum. parts like vin plate and stuff) you can have it dipped in a chemical stripper.eats every thing thats not metal like any rust and stuff.
Old October 24th, 2003, 08:51 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Chris, I had mine bead blasted locally. IT will clean it down to white metal and will also scuff it up very lightly for the primer to stick perfectly... Mine is in prime right now....

RAndy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
paint