bulkead corrosion near windscreen hinge - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 7th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

bulkead corrosion near windscreen hinge

Unfortunately, I just discovered corrsion under the paint right around the passenger side windscreen frame hinge. It apears as though I need to pull the windscreen off/down to get at the spot and address it quickly since it is pretty small. My RN manual does not cover the body of the D90 hardley at all. Any suggestions on how to get the windscreen frame to remove or fold down? As always, I appreciate everyones input!
Jeff
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2004, 09:49 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

jeff if your talk about the hiinge that is about an inch wide and about 3 or 4 inches long. its not really a hinge, it has 3 bolts holding that so called hinge on.you can un bolt the three bolts and that so called hige just comes off you dont have to worry aqbout moving the windscreen. let me know if this is what you are talking about
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Matt, Thanks a bunch, this sounds exactly like what I am referring to. It is exactly as you describe. I presumed it was a hinge since I have seen non-NAS versions with the windscreen down. This sounds like it will be easier than I expected. Thanks again!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions