built not bought woes... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

built not bought woes...

I am building a D90 from scratch (without a D90 to reference only the parts and workshop manuals) and I am at the point where I am hooking up the engine wiring harness. I have a 94 D90 engine harness going on to a motor from an 87 Range Rover. Is it possible someone could tell me which wires go to which components on the engine harness, I have it sorted beyond the starter and the oil sensor but where does the second wire for the thermostat come from and which besides the the beefy brown wire hook up to the alternator? Then what happens to the mess at the coil end? Any pics would be great. I am also hooking the bulkhead harness to the t case and tranny if anyone can tell me about this one or provide pics, the manual is not very clear and the parts are not year model alike.

One more thing if any of you who have radically transformed your 90's into rock crawlers or otherwise have the brackets that attach the steering fluid, wash fluid, coil etc to the wings lying around somewhere I could take them off your hands.

Thanks,

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I think I have a complete washer fluid res. with brakcets. I can look for you.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:04 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Keith,

I know you didn't get much of a chance to look over mine in the dark last week. Let's figure out a time that works with daylight so you can take some time to sort through it. I can bring it to you so yours is right there too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

wiring

Kevin,

are you going to the monster garage on the 19th? It really helped looking at yours because I was trying to route the wires around the way the RRC had them and after looking at yours I got the first part of it right, just need to sort out the rest. I know you are busy though.

Buck I'll take it if you've got it! Let me know what you need for it.

Keith
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Keith,

I've got it on my calendar to be there. I'll bring the 90 with me. I think I have everything fixed on my Classic. What's left on it I think I'll be able to finish up at night over the next few days.

Kevin
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

let me know if you need help, I'm free most evenings.
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Keith,
have you posted any more info on your build it yourself D90? if not, could you talk a bit about how you're going about it, how you started and what you think it'll cost you?
thanks
George
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I actually have the winshield res and bracket! Even in good shape. Hardware is up to you though. This apparently is the only thing I have not thrown away. PM me your address and I will send it out to you.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht