Building a PUMA in Los Angeles. Plausible? - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:16 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Your wife isnt the type that makes you eat that kind of stuff is she?

-Jeff
Fock no. We have a shit diet, but that just means that everything actually tastes good. No damn oatmeal (or spelt) here!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:17 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Spelt is actually also the past tense of the verb Spell. I had to look that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind

I say we leave the medieval wheat species out of this argument:

Spelt (Triticum spelta) is a hexaploid species of wheat. Spelt was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times; it now survives as a relict crop in Central Europe and northern Spain and has found a new market as a health food. Spelt is sometimes considered a subspecies of the closely related species common wheat (T. aestivum), in which case its botanical name is considered to be Triticum aestivum subsp. spelta.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:18 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Spell checking all you illiterate twits would be a full time job. Not something a non paying volunteer like myself has time for. That said I will make a better effort to correct it when I see it.
It was more entertaining when you simply had your one word reply of "Spelt?".

------ Follow up post added August 3rd, 2012 12:22 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Spelt is actually also the past tense of the verb Spell. I had to look that up.
I'm pretty sure it's "spelled" unless we're using the Queen's. Which I'm ok with I suppose given the lineage of our cars and my great-grandfather.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

[QUOTE=Chris Vitale;364074]Let's get this thread back on track.

Feline Scale

Based on a woman's age, this scale classifies women (who prey on younger men for their sexual appetite) as felines.

Whle I agree this is a much more entertaining segway than Neils bragging about wanting something that his daddy said he could do but will never get around to doing because he is too busy claiming to catch all sorts of diseases from poor young inexperienced girls who are too dumb and knieve to know any better than to fall for his richer than thou egocentric materialistic bullshit..shoot, where was I ...oh thats right... I believe the ORIGINAL topic was something about building a Puma in LA...????? ah crap... I like cougars...

------ Follow up post added August 3rd, 2012 12:40 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
I say we leave the medieval wheat species out of this argument:

Spelt (Triticum spelta) is a hexaploid species of wheat. Spelt was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times; it now survives as a relict crop in Central Europe and northern Spain and has found a new market as a health food. Spelt is sometimes considered a subspecies of the closely related species common wheat (T. aestivum), in which case its botanical name is considered to be Triticum aestivum subsp. spelta.

Someone's been reading Wikipedia...LOL...
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:45 AM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

My uncle had a Cougar once, 1969 Mercury. Only car I was ever in that I saw the speedo needle past the 140 mph mark as he raced a Vette going south on I-5 near Orange county. He went to Vietnam and the car got repo'd.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

was it an xr-7...???
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Cougar Eliminator? Nice car, especially with the 428CJ or Boss 302 option.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
was it an xr-7...???
Yes it was an XR-7
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding

Um, talking about trucks again . . .

Neil, the most problematic part is that you are in California. Before I was a Defender guy I was a G-wagen guy. I had two gray market G-wagens. Mercedes stopped selling me parts when they began importing the G500, and so I moved over to the Defender and haven't looked back, but let me tell you, owning a gray market vehicle has its caveats.

First, it should be said that the rules have changed. There's no 25 year rule in California. Instead, it's vehicles first sold in 1975 or older that are not subject to smog regs. Which means any Defender will have to pass a smog test. There are certain situations where CARB will sign off on a gray market vehicle. There has to be another vehicle from that manufacturer that was legally imported that has the exact same motor and all the same smog equipment. And guess what. You have to provide all the documentation that cites what that vehicle is, and what all the smog accoutrements are, etc. etc.

You can buy an NAS D-90 and start swapping parts, but you will still have to pass a smog test, and the car will still have to have the same size/kind of motor and smog crap as it did when it was new or the inspector will fail you without even shoving the sniffer up your pipe. You may not substitute a diesel motor for gasoline. You may not put a smaller, more efficient, less polluting motor in. You can't change anything motor-wise if the car was built after '75. This is why old Broncos, Jeeps, and FJ's fetch such a high price.
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:56 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

You can swap a diesel in any 93,94,95 defender you want in California. You do the swap, go to the DMV and get an inspection and you are then smog exempt. I know multiple people who have done it.

Still not sure why we indulge Neil with these discussions. He isn't building or buying shit.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

This is my favorite thread ever.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
You can swap a diesel in any 93,94,95 defender you want in California. You do the swap, go to the DMV and get an inspection and you are then smog exempt. I know multiple people who have done it.

Still not sure why we indulge Neil with these discussions. He isn't building or buying shit.

And if I do, how much will you give me? I'm a little busy these last few weeks but I'm still looking. For me, like I told you before, its about finding the right one.

Robert Deniro
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I won't give you anything.

Good luck with the search. It's soooo entertaining.
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Man that chick is cute...cottage cheese thighs and all..;-))
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I won't give you anything.

Good luck with the search. It's soooo entertaining.

Well what can I say, you must have a lot of free time on your hands. Realistically, I only have 2 more cars that I personally want in my collection. A PUMA 110 and a Lamborghini Aventador. After that I'll end my quest in finding the coolest cars. And if I can't find someone around here willing to sell me a nicely equipt PUMA, than I'll eventually biuld one. Either way I'll get one.

Robert Deniro
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley

Well what can I say, you must have a lot of free time on your hands. Realistically, I only have 2 more cars that I personally want in my collection. A PUMA 110 and a Lamborghini Aventador. After that I'll end my quest in finding the coolest cars. And if I can't find someone around here willing to sell me a nicely equipt PUMA, than I'll eventually biuld one. Either way I'll get one.
Well it seems you have plenty of free time to bullshit on here about skanks and trucks.
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:41 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I think we should change the title back to "Biulding".
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old August 6th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Think a bunch of you should be put on "D90 Forum Probation" !!

Any of you post on this thread one more time and you're "black-balled" for a month from the group !

That includes me. (I already had to turn off the avatars because of Neil)
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Are we on Facebook here ??

(Oops...I just black balled myself)
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Oannes
Aaron
1997 NAS D90 (Original Dream Car)

Very ntartainting (entertaining) thread and even a little educational worth the read...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. Sir Winston Churchill

1973 Series II 109 5 door (Australia)
1997 NAS Defender 90 (Already sold so)
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD (work horse)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions