bubbles in PS resevoir - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
109/110 ambulance-55 series I
bubbles in PS resevoir

Just got back from a killer trip to baja and developed yet another problem.

My leaky power steering box has taken a turn for the worse. Every morning after starting the truck I get a whine when turning the wheel. When I shut the engine off and check the resevior there are small bubbles in the resivior. If I let the engine get warm and then let her sit for a while the bubbles and the whine are gone.
The problem is worse in the cold. I have gone through a liter of PS fluid in about a week and 2000 miles.

I'm thinking the seals are shot enough to let a little air in over night and that is where the bubbles are comming from...I have kept it full and it has never run low.

So the question is is there any reason to replace the pump as well as the box... or should I just order a box from Meridian.

Old January 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Jim Ferrarini
as long as your pump isn't low on pressure or leaking from the seal it should be fine. I'd just go with a box.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions