Britparts for 300Tdi ancillaries build-up? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Raymond Orthober
1987 D-110
Britparts for 300Tdi ancillaries build-up?

Question – Is Britpart an OK source for some 300tdi ancillary bits and bobs, bolts, nuts, brackets, washers, gaskets and seals, rubber hoses and other non-moving parts?

IE: Are they an acceptable supplier for the engine parts that hold the engine together (rather than the parts that keep the engine moving) ?

Their parts, at first look, seem the economical choice, but I always see lots of **** substituted for letters in their name….

Regardless of the part source, is there one vendor in the UK that is regarded as a superior supplier?

I am looking at Paddocks, John Craddock, LRDirect, Bearmach from which to order…

I will be doing a 300tdi build up from a Turner stripped engine (mated to R380) and am gathering the ancillaries.

I don’t have an old/spare 300tdi to cannibalize, so I’m deciding to purchase these parts in batches from a UK supplier hoping, in the end, this will be a less expensive option favoring the reliability of a new part over the unknown of a used.

Additionally – regarding engine ancillaries…

Are there any Britpart items that are universally regarded as reliable or foolproof and worthy of purchase?
Which general Britpart items are known to have QA issues (IE the moving parts)?
Which 300tdi ancillary items would you only consider using genuine LR (if any)?

Thanks in advance for the discussion.

Old July 18th, 2016, 06:48 PM
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top
I am not the norm here but, I use everything they make except for seals and complex parts like wheel cylinders and clutch items.

Gaskets, bolts, brackets, hoses, ect seem hard to fuck up.

I have used a britpart Ps pump but gave it a once over and used original crush washers on the feed line when installing. Been ok for years

Old July 18th, 2016, 07:01 PM
1994 NAS Defender 90
Britpart is just a distributor. You can get good parts and not-so-good parts from them. They do supply a lot of OEM parts and a lot of stuff from reputable manufacturers. If I buy things distributed by Britpart I make sure it either says OEM on the label or that the product is obviously made by a good company, e.g. VDO, Lemförder, etc.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

300tdi, part, parts, tdi