Defender Source Forum banner

Brakes

Tags
brake
957 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  waveridin1959 
#1 ·
I'm about to do the brakes on our 1997 D90 and was trying to decide if I should just go with the AB kit (http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9995F.cfm) that has ferodo pads and rotors from? - or if it is worth the extra money to buy brembo rotors (25140 & 25329 OE replacements) and EBC 6000 greenstuff pads (about an extra $130 ) - was wondering if anyone had experience with either setup.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I used the complete EBC kit and am very happy with the braking performance and quality of the parts...that being said, I wasn't unhappy with the stock brakes that were on before! I have found on my other vehicles that EBC pads typically work well with low dusting and great pad life so I upgraded when it was time for replacement

#3 ·
Thanks Jeff! Like you, I'm not unhappy with the stock brakes on the rig now, but they are getting about due to be done so I was curious if anyone had strong feelings one way or another... the kit from Atlantic British is well priced, but I'm not sure where they are getting the rotors from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.