Brake Upgrade- DBA vs Proline - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Defender90_218
Trenton Smith
1997 D90

Question Brake Upgrade- DBA vs Proline

So I'm getting ready to do a brake rebuild on the D90 SW (SS lines, flush and new fluid, new pads and rotors) with the hopes of improving the braking which is getting pretty bad (lots of armor/gear, big tires) and was wondering if anyone had any advice suggestions on rotors, Ive been told both DBA and Proline are nice. Advice on pads would also be appreciated. I plan on keeping the calipers.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

What is wrong with stock genuine parts? If the braking is not good, it is usually that the calipers are partially siezed or the master is going bad or someone installed hard compound pads (most likely).
Old December 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Rotors arent going to help you much in the slowing down department, but will help in the cooling for the brakes. A more aggressive pad will help you stop faster but will also eat the rotors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Defender90_218
Trenton Smith
1997 D90

Well the rotors are getting replaced too because in the spring the D90 is getting a 4.6 conversion and will be used for hauling trailers and more highway. From experience with other trucks, a good set of rotors will be appreciated. But I also spend alot of time on steep trails so I'm trying to find the best all around setup.

Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, proline, upgrade