Brake repair follow up OUCH - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:43 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Question Brake repair follow up OUCH

Anyone had experience with this??

D-90 had a hard pull to the left when braking (seperate post by me exists on this) so took it to the shop. Of course, the day I drove it in to the shop, there was no pull when braking.

Thousand Oaks LR tested the R/R calipers and press plus the bindings. No problems detected, however, the swivle joints were leaking grease onto the brake pads. They thought that might be the problem. Recommendation was for replacement of all pieces. Cost about $1800.00

Now, I know stuff leaks under my D-90. I have seen the marks on the inside of the tires for 2 years, I have seen where it drips from, etc. Nothing new, same old same old. This has ruled out the calipers (my main concern) but now what?

Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:51 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
replacement of all pieces. Cost about $1800.00
Ouch is right! I would think you could just replace the seals, but I have never worked on the front end.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:58 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Factory repair manual lists the front end job. Should be fairly straightforward with all of the replacement parts. Do you have a manual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:19 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Manual is on my short list to buy.
Also, Dave. Thanks for the lead on British Pacific as a source for information. They just have me a repair shop in my area. Solid Brit runs it and he has a Range Rover with 300k on the clock.
I may drive down to BP next week and do some purchasing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake