Brake Pull Issue - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:20 PM
discojosh2000
Josh
1995 Black ST

Brake Pull Issue

97' NAS D90-
When applying the brakes moderately hard the D90 pulls hard to the left. Here is what I have done so far. I have installed a new brake master cylinder, proportioning valve, both brand new front calipers and steel braided lines and brake pads. When I installed a new set of brake pads it seemed to slightly help but still pulls hard left. I have also used a brake hose clamp to eliminate the rear brakes to make sure the problem was coming from the front. This did not change anything. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Jake1996d1
Jake
96 Disco/88 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by discojosh2000 View Post
97' NAS D90-
When applying the brakes moderately hard the D90 pulls hard to the left. Here is what I have done so far. I have installed a new brake master cylinder, proportioning valve, both brand new front calipers and steel braided lines and brake pads. When I installed a new set of brake pads it seemed to slightly help but still pulls hard left. I have also used a brake hose clamp to eliminate the rear brakes to make sure the problem was coming from the front. This did not change anything. Any suggestions?

Check the condition of right rotor
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Does it do it when you have it in Diff lock?
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Since you have eliminated the calipers as a potential source of the problem I wonder about the brake lines. Get some fresh fluid, and see if you can flush the rt side. Wondering if there is dirt in the lines.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Turbofan
Ethan
'73 SIII/ D90 Hybrid

Did it pull before you started replacing stuff? Where did you get the calipers from? AB? There's a chance you've got a bum caliper. As suggested, check the rears, then check the fronts. Make sure the calipers retract easily.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake