Looking for anyone with a hunch what these symptoms might mean (110, RHD, V-8, 1988).
I did a search of previous threads but did not hit paydirt
- Occasionally my brakes feel like they are old style brakes - not power brakes
- the pedal is still firm (maybe a bit firmer actually) but I have to apply a lot more pressure to stop
- It seems when this happens the pedal does not go as far down - its firmer and engages higher
- vacuum hose from intake manifold is tight and in good condition
- no obvious pulling to one side or the other when I am experiencing the problem
- Seems totally random, I can't associate it with anything else (temperature, speed ?)
- Is it the master cylinder, booster, that partitioning valve on the bulkhead below the master cylinder?
It is not (yet) posing an unsafe condition but if anyone recognizes the symptoms i'll be better prepared to make the necessary fixes - thanks