brake pad anti rattle coil type springs. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
brake pad anti rattle coil type springs.

When I changed to DBA rotors and replaced the pads, the new pad install kit had the coil type anti rattle spring that the pad pins go thru. (my old springs were the plate type that fit under the pins and push down on the pads).
Does anyone notice that the coil spring type is junk?. Doesn't stop the pads from rattling up and down at slow speeds.
(as in my case). No such problems with the plate type. Slight squealing when I just come to a full stop, and rattling at slow speeds. Wonder if the rattle springs could make a difference to others who have had problems with squeal on DBAs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2006, 09:19 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Mine has the coil springs. Had a problem with the rattling at low speed too. I just streched the coil springs out a little and it hasn't rattled in 30k miles.
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:56 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Great info. Gonna try the stretching program. Thanks
Marc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, coil, rattle