Brake line routing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:48 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Brake line routing

Hello,

Can someone please post some detailed pics of the front brake line layout for a LHD 110 pre 1994

I for the life of me can not figure out how the lines are supposed to go back in and have no pics since it started as a RHD.

Thanks,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:36 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I do not have a picture handy but you can do a search and find it pretty easy. It is pretty simple depending upon the Master cylinder you have and if you have a proportioning valve or not. You should have one line going to the LH brake and 2 will go to the proportioning valve (on the engine side of the firewall). From the valve one goes to the RF caliper and the other to the rear on top of the RH frame rail. Then you will have a splitter on the axle one going to each side.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I have the basic routing down but the lines I purchased from AB have extra twists / bends in them so they will fit in the box for shipping. It would be great to see where they land in certain places so I can massage them into the proper locations.

Fwiw mine sound different than yours. Mine are just like a 1993 NAS 110 and that is what I would really like pics of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Dave - did you buy the stainless kit from AB? If so, how is the quality? I was looking at that for my build as I don't want to deal with bending pipes I will have to make some pipes to make it fit a 110 but it should be one of the mostly straight ones.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:41 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Yes, purchased the 110 stainless set. Hard to tell how they will be in the end till I get some pics of the routing and see how they sit when routed properly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake