Brake light question NAS 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 30th, 2014, 07:25 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Brake light question NAS 110

Hello, searched archives and no luck. I recently acquired a NAS 110 and found out that the three rear brake lights do not work. Ive checked the bulbs and wiring on rear lights and 3rd light and it looks fine. Any suggestions what else I should check that may be causing the lack of connection? Anything above brake pedal that I should check? Thanks in advance!
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

You have a switch on the brake box, firewall side. It is hard to get to. It will have two connectors going to the switch. It screws in as the adjustment. I would also double check the fuses and the fuse box to make sure you have a good fuse and connection. On the engine side of the bulkhead you also have the chassis harness connection. I would check that to make sure the wires are connected and good.
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:54 AM
3rovers
Dennis Yard
1993 NAS D-110 #55

Eddie,

All the rear brake lights are on the green and purple wires coming out of the chassis harness and back into the rear crossover harness. Behind the right rear speaker is where the harnesses come together into the cabin. They are all connected to each other in the multiple bullet connectors.

Additionally, I found that the four or five separate lamps in the window mounted third brake light were loose in their individual sockets. I had to pull/push them in and out a couple of times to clean up the sockets a bit and I also brushed off the individual socket lugs to make them shiny.

See my post from a few days ago about solving a misreading fuel gauge by cleaning some of the connectors and especially cleaning and rebonding the black ground wires of the harness.

Optionally, maybe we can get together at your place of work over the weekend and I can point out the areas to work on.

Cheers,
1993 NAS D-110 #55 (GNUTRUK)
2004 Disco II (DSCO DOG)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2014, 01:49 AM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Thanks!

Thanks Mike and Dennis. I will check the harness out tomorrow. The fuses looked good. I'm just not sure what the harness looks like or where it is from you description.
Dennis, maybe we can meet up this weekend. I'll be in touch.
Thanks guys and I will update what I find out.

Eddie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, brake, ht, nas, nas 110