Brake issue (disco) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Brake issue (disco)

Found a few minutes this afternoon (around drilling holes in the studs in our addition to run wires) to work on diagnosing the soft brakes on the disco. It's a 95, no fuse in the ABS system. Pads measure reasonable thickness as do the rotors. The seals at the brake fluid resevoir were leaking, so I replaced them, have bled the brakes twice and the Booster tests OK (by seeing that it drops slightly when the car is turned on). My next thought is to replace pads thinking that they might be glazed/contaminated. Any other thoughts on next steps? Oh, fluid level stays the same, so I think MC is ok.

Thanks

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, disco