Brake fluid leaking into servo? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
easy
Dan Duncan
White '94 Disco 1

Registry
Brake fluid leaking into servo?

We just replaced the Clutch Master cylinder on our 95 D90 and in doing so, removed the Brake Master Cylinder from the front of the servo to give us some more room. When we put the brake MC back on, we didnt quite get it on right (The little rod wasnt lined up in the plunger) so we took it back off and then put it back on correctly BUT now after just a few pumps of the brake, the reservoir empties. After some looking I noticed fluid inside of the servo. Could this be a bad vacuum seal around the plunger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Time for a new master cylinder. You messed up the seals when you put the rod in wrong. If you want to be cheap, you can take it apart and try to get the seals correctly seated, but I would just buy a new one. (or you forgot to put a brake line back on).
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I did the same thing, ended up changing the servo..the rod in the servo just ended breaking off,..even though I was carefull..I looked inside the servo and found brake fluid inside.

I purchased another master & servo.
not sure if the master was still good or not, I just did not want to chance it..when it comes to brakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
easy
Dan Duncan
White '94 Disco 1

Registry
I didnt remove any of the lines so that wouldnt be it, do you think I would need to replace the MC? Do they go bad very often? Or would I just need to rebuild? I probably just need to tear it apart and look for myself. I think my servo should be fine, unless having all that brake fluid inside would screw something up???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake