brake caliper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 21st, 2015, 09:34 AM
Mike S
brake caliper

I have a quick technical question that maybe someone can answer. I have a 86 D110.
I have a LF brake caliper seizing up and I was going to replace it. Can I replace it with a caliper from a 93 NAS 110?

I am looking to get something quick and see that my local parts store can get this in overnight. I was going to order the rebuild s/s piston kit if I was going to do myself but I have a local part time mechanic looking at it and figure it would take longer to rebuild and would rather order a refurb set.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Mike S.
Naples, FL.
Old January 28th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Michael White
110 Tdi
From what George @ RDS told me, you can use DiscoveryII calipers; you'll need to buy new rotors and brakepads, of couse. I did this and it still stops just fine, even pulling a trailer, no warped calipers or fading. I did have to make new steel lines that run from the rubber hose to the calliper itself.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the
black flag and start slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions