Both front speakers died - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 25th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Viton Johnnson
Smart 4x4
Both front speakers died

Awhile back both of my stock front speakers quit working on my '97 SW. 1st one then the other... figured it was the power amp. As I was changing out my new LR automatic shift bezel, I decided to try and track down the problem. Turned out it was the factory wiring in the little rubber boot between the door and the frame. I guess the "pinch" is too much as both sets of wires were completly cut in two ( looked like they had been cut with a cutter). Soldier & heat shrink fixed the problem. Probably ought to go with a finer braided wire that will accomodate greater flexibility.

HTH, Dennis

Old February 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI
There's one reason to mount the speakers in the headliner vs the doors, that and they're a bit closer to the ears which with the TDI can only help
-- - Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly - Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts! - Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions