Boston Area Body Shop - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Arnzo
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90

Boston Area Body Shop

Hey Folks

I decided to replace my driver side door on my 1997 D-90 soft top. I decided to finally try to take my door tops off. There is a good chance that they have never been taken off before. On the driver side I had to remove the inside door panel and in doing so found a decent amount of rust. The rust has eaten through the top cross panel of the door on the end closest to the front of the car. This explains why I was getting more flex out of the top forward edge of my door top. Enough to create a 1/4 inch gap when driving above 60 mph. The rust also rotted out the cylinder through which the door top spindle inserts and tightens down. Anyway, I ordered and received a new door and I'm looking for a solid shop in the boston area to paint (british racing green) and install the door. I live on the south shore but happy to travel to find a good shop.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

If no one here can recommend one call Alan at Cityside Garage and get a recommendation from him.
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

I just dropped off a fender at the body shop we use, will let you know how it turns out, mines AA Yellow
Its 20 miles north of boston

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
hutch
Hutch
97 AA Yellow D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy salmon
I just dropped off a fender at the body shop we use, will let you know how it turns out, mines AA Yellow
Its 20 miles north of boston
I have a 97 AA Yellow ST with some fender damage as well. Most likely the previous owner bent the factory wrap-around bull bar and touched down on the fender. There aren't any hard wrinkles just an egg-sized dent, missing paint and then paint "stretch-marks" heading back about a foot. I'd like to get it fixed (and then get rid of the factory bar!).

Can you keep me posted of how it goes? I haven't needed to make body repairs my 1995 ST before so I don't really know what to look for in a body shop: prices to expect, paint matching, etc. Obvious reccomendations would be the first place to start and if anyone has any in the Tampa Bay area please le me know (not trying to hijack this post...).

Was it tough to remove the whole fender?

Hutch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender1.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	13098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender2.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	13099  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
body