Bosch injection pump spacer part - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Bosch injection pump spacer part

I don't know what to call this but when tweaking my injection pump last weekend this spacer fell off. I was able to finangle it back in place and use a rubber o-ring to "replace" the half that fell off but I'd like to find a permanent replacement. If looking at the injection pump from the starboard side of the vehicle (saying it this way to eliminate LHD/RHD confusion, although mine is LHD) its went just to the right of the right 2 Torx screws holding the main "cap" on the pump covering the diaphragm. Its a hard plastic/rubber that seems to have dried out and cracked over the years, hence why half of it is gone.

Any suggestions for a) what to call this thing and b) where to get one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IP_1 (1).jpg
Views:	61
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	63757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IP_1 (2).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	63758  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

300TD TDI Disco PUMP????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
I don't know what to call this but when tweaking my injection pump last weekend this spacer fell off...Any suggestions for a) what to call this thing and b) where to get one?
I would contact Tim @ Dingocroft and send him the picture of your Disco 300TDI IP.
He should be able to look it up and get one out to you quickly.
If the engine number is still readable, that may eliminate any confusion, but may not be necessary.
Get 2 if you plan on doing lots of adjustment.

If it's your only transportation, I may be able to loan you one out of a defunct disco pump we have in the shop but will need it back because am about to send it along with a couple of OM617 pumps to Blue Ridge for calibration and repair.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Hey Robert,
Thanks for the response. Yes its my only transportation, so I might take you up on that. Any idea what that part is called? or what its function is? Can I PM you my email so that I can send you a UPS shipping label?

Any chance there is a stateside vendor that might have one?

Is that spacer located under the potentiometer? (I've been googling)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Just right click

Right click my handle and send me an email and I can post you that same spacer if my pump has one.
Have not had the time to completely dismantle any IPs, but must admit that I have never seen that type of spacer before under any ALDA lids. In the morning will pull the lid of my defunct Disco pump to see what's under there and if I have the same spacer you can use it until a new one is in your hands.

That will keep you on the road if you are unable to drive.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:12 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Our pum does not have that spacer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
In the morning will pull the lid of my defunct Disco pump to see what's under there and if I have the same spacer...
The Disco IP in our shop does not have that spacer.
Could it be a custom piece that someone added to your pump to accomplish some sort of work around to perhaps keep the diaphragm fixed?

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:24 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Thank you for looking. It doesn't look custom in the sense that it's definitely looks like it belongs there. However it also doesn't appear to be structural or under any real tension. The motor also seems to run fine without it. I just wanted to replace it because somebody else decided it should be there... Those 2 notches in the first pic are what lines up with the "holes" on the spacer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, bosch, part