Borg Warner Help - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Was it the U-joint at the diff ? Hard to tell in the pic but it looked not right .
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2014, 02:05 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
I think the things US Customs is concerned with are EPA, safety regs, and year.
Since transfer case doesn't fall into any of those categories I would say it's safe to pass.
Old November 20th, 2014, 10:18 AM
lbwhotrod
Les Wlton
91 D90

Registry
Ed -It was the u joint on the rear diff, two of the bearings were completely dry with out grease, the other two were greased but worn out. I bought a used truck, so I expected that some things needed to be worked.

Luis- your right, I finally got a reply from US customs department and they said that my combination and time when I bring it back is not a problem. I saved that email, just incase. Since I am falling under the 25 years and older I will be good and shouldn't have any issues.

------ Follow up post added November 20th, 2014 04:21 PM ------

So update on my combination. The last owner came clean, the engine blew two years ago and he replaced everything out of RRC. So engine, trans, and t-case are all out of RRC. Now I get to play and see what he kept and what he didn't.

I do want to thank you guys, he had told me everything was stock and that he had the original build sheets. When I asked for them that is when the rest of the story came out.

200TDI, LT77, BW t-case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwhotrod View Post
Ed -It was the u joint on the rear diff, two of the bearings were completely dry with out grease, the other two were greased but worn out. I bought a used truck, so I expected that some things needed to be worked.

Luis- your right, I finally got a reply from US customs department and they said that my combination and time when I bring it back is not a problem. I saved that email, just incase. Since I am falling under the 25 years and older I will be good and shouldn't have any issues.

------ Follow up post added November 20th, 2014 04:21 PM ------

So update on my combination. The last owner came clean, the engine blew two years ago and he replaced everything out of RRC. So engine, trans, and t-case are all out of RRC. Now I get to play and see what he kept and what he didn't.

I do want to thank you guys, he had told me everything was stock and that he had the original build sheets. When I asked for them that is when the rest of the story came out.
See post #2.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old November 20th, 2014, 02:19 PM
lbwhotrod
Les Wlton
91 D90

Registry
Bill thank you. I was lucky the fronts were not also taken out.

200TDI, LT77, BW t-case.
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Make sure you have the correct fluid in the tcase if you haven't already

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions