Boosting my horsepower - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw
Boosting my horsepower

I know there probably isn't anything out there short of an engine transplant to increase the output on my 4.0 but just in case i wanted to know if you guys knew of any products that might help me get a little bit more out of my engine. Anything that will improve it in any way cooling, hp, torque, smoothness, throttle response, mpg's, anything! After this I will try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum!

Old November 12th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW
Not much. I have a K&N and a stainless manifold back exhaust. Didn't realy produce any significant gains.

You could search on re-chips and make a choice there as well. Can't offer any insight as I don't have one. You could also re-gear you R&P for some added oomph and upgrade your diffs and axles while you're at it...

Old November 12th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
Take all that extra junk that we all keep in the back out! My 90 felt like a sports car when I removed everything except the drivers seat when I Hurculined the interior. Synthetic fluids help some. Cleaning all the mud off of it helps reduce weight and drag. Don't you think 185 hp is enough?
Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old November 16th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250
New lumpier cam, solid lifters, 4 branch headers, free flow exhaust.....
Mike Hammond
Diesels.....great when they're going and so easy to work on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions