Bonus light connectors?!? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Bonus light connectors?!?

Hey Guys,

So I'm in the process of switching over to a 95+ bezel and turn signal and while disconnecting the lucar connectors I found some bonus wires back there. They have the same plug, which fits the 95+ turn signal but one is hot when the light are on and one doesnt seem to be hot for anything, except the positive wire on that connector has continuity with the positve wire on the stock 94 turn signal. But if you put the flashers on you don't get the 12ish volts only mV so essentially nothing.

Anyone know what these are? There is the headlight, stock turn lucar, + and - running lucars, and 2 bonus in the pic.

All this is in preparation for the Rockware bumpers that are coming. Still have yet to do the auto console I got from Ashcrofts, but it looks pretty good. I plan on doing that along with a iron goat center console and a painless heavy duty fuse block. I got some of the tuffy rear storage boxes too, so yet another thing to do. But now I just want to drive the thing!!! LOL.

Thanks.
Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bonus_connect_small.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	38022  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2011, 04:10 AM
TS888
Tony Sims
1984 110

Are you talking about the green and black with bullet connectors? Could be for a sidelight bulb in the headlamp. If they were for the wing lights they would only work with the turn signal, not the headlamps. Is it solid green or is there a trace color?

Plain black is always a ground wire in British standard.

British Standard wiring guide
Originally Posted by chris snell
This is straight out of the Manual for Build Builders.
Tony
1984 110 "Smokey" (sold)
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I was talking about the two white connectors in the middle. I know what all the bullet ones are. I think looking in a parts catalog shows that they are for the running lights but just a sealed connector. If i was reding the parts catalog correct. Just seems odd to have both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2011, 07:49 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Late 94 and early 95 NAS 90s had the wiring set ups for both type of front lights. One plug should have red/black wires (parking lights) and the other should be green/white (RH side turn signal)/black, and green/red(LH turn signal)/black respectively.
If you are going to the new style lights it should be plug and play.

The red wire for the parking lights can also be red/black and red/orange depending on the build date.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Oh cool. Maybe I just wasnt getting the probes in there far enough.
Thanks!
Pete
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
TS888
Tony Sims
1984 110

Sorry, I didn't realize the NAS lights used a different connector, those white ones are the turn and sidelight connectors on my truck.
Originally Posted by chris snell
This is straight out of the Manual for Build Builders.
Tony
1984 110 "Smokey" (sold)
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Agh rats! Turns out they are both parking lights. I might snip one bonus connector on each side and use the bumper light wires with some butt connectors or crimps or something. I thought it was going to be easy! Well not thatits hard, just thought maybe no wire cutting. What would be funny if the left side had turn and running in the bonus connectors.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht