bonnet latch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
bonnet latch

My bonnet release cable has busted for the third time and I am totally done with it.. And looking for alternatives. I am not interested in exterior bonnet fasteners. I have seen an ROW defender with a bonnet release latch that you access through the grill. i will do some reseach to try to find the part number. Has anyone fitted this type of a latch to their NAS Defender - I imagine it is simple enough. Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
Thanks Jeff - I appreciate you finding that thread for me. That early 110 latch is what I saw and what I would like to find. I would rather go that route than doing a mod for a series latch (although I will do that if need be). Thanks again
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
John_Karlsson
John Karlsson
1966 Series IIA 88 SW

Or you could just take a short piece of the inner cable, ideally the part already attached to the bonnet latch, and attach it to a convenient bolt inside the upper left (looking from the front) of the grill. Then you just stick your finger through the grill and pull the cable. My 90 came that way, and I haven't really felt the need to change it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions