Bonnet 5-bar Plate Installation - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW
Bonnet 5-bar Plate Installation

I bought a never-used Mammouth bonnet 5-bar chequer plate kit from a board member a while back and I'm getting around to installing it. I've installed the wingtop plates so I understand it's a pretty straightforward install, but I was wondering if anyone with an installed kit could post a pic of the underside of the bonnet where the lead edge of the chequer plate is bolted through? Looks like I'll be drilling through the steel frame and I just wanted to see what part I should be coming through, and I'll need some longer hardware to secure the plate through the frame.

Not rocket science, but any tips on installation would be great. The kit didn't have the instructions, although it's probably very straightforward. I'm quite OCD and want to make sure this thing is very close to perfectly centered in place.

- Jon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions