body shop in seattle area? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 28th, 2009, 07:13 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

body shop in seattle area?

last weekend my husband crashed poor lil BeastLee. He and the kids were coming back from a camping trip when some drunk pushed them off the road (we think drunk cause the driver was in the middle of a gravel road, swerving round a bend and didn't even stop but sped off). In order to avoid a head on collision Tim tried to get out of the way but flipped into a ditch pitching BL onto her side/roof. Biggs Eastside (Land Rover) referred me to http://www.bel-redauto.com/ but I'm wondering if anyone has used them or can point me to another body shop?
My little truck surely saved the family from serious injury which I am ever so grateful for, but I am very sad about my truck Dale and Dendy...THANK YOU for the offer to send whatever I need. I will send you a list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2009, 08:48 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Glad your family is ok, sucks about the truck.

Old July 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

I was not overly impressed with Bel-Red auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

Not sure if Gord'n doesn body work - but he's a great independent LR mechanic in Seattle. I actually was just there today having the Tdi's valves adjusted.

http://www.lamornagarage.com/

<edit>Sorry to hear about your Rover </edit>
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Gord'n is a good guy. Call him as if he does not do the work, he will know someone good.

If you post pictures of the damage, we should be able to help you figure out what you need. I have a passenger side hardtop panel I bought from Randy for a template I could part ways with if that is on the list of parts you need.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer
Not sure if Gord'n doesn body work - but he's a great independent LR mechanic in Seattle. I actually was just there today having the Tdi's valves adjusted.

http://www.lamornagarage.com/

<edit>Sorry to hear about your Rover </edit>
Thinking along those same lines; Doug Shipman (Ship's Mechanical Service) down in Pdx might be a good resource to ask as well: (503) 252-5566.

Gord'n and Doug are both very active in the Pacific Coast Rover Club and are well respected.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

thanks all for the tips and leads. I did go to Bel-Red Auto and while they work on very high end expensive cars, my gut just didn't feel good about them working on my truck. I want someone who knows defenders inside and out. Picky maybe but my trusty truck kept my family safe, so only the best for her Ron, most of the damage is on the drivers side and some on the rear door. Thanks for the offer though. I will try posting pics and a list of parts needed soon. Bel-Red Auto seemed to think the frame is somewhat bent. I don't like the sounds of that....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
body