Body Panels and Work- Atlanta - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 14th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon
Body Panels and Work- Atlanta

I am currently hunting a red 90 wagon and the one I have come across for sale has some body work that would need fixing, ie the front right wing. I was curious regarding a few issues: 1) where to source the wing 2) how much it would cost to totally fix 3) if it is best to go only to a land rover/british car body shop 4) if so does anyone know of any good places in the atlanta area or immediate surroundings. Also if and when I do get a 90 I was wondering if any guys are from the Atlanta area who might recommend who they use to service their vehicles.

Old February 14th, 2005, 05:03 PM
None - sadly
Hi Christian, check out the website. It's the home of the Atlanta / North GA Land Rover group of which I am the membership chairman. You can source a wing for your new rig from George Laird at It'll come primed or white, you can have painted or paint it yourself and install it yourself too.

If you'd rather a professional do it, I am certain there are many reputable autobody places in Atlanta. If you have the part and need it painted and installed, just call the North Point LR dealer (they are all Hennessy owned so pick one you like, I like NP) and ask for their input on a body shop. You can also contact Bill Saks at Bear Valley Land Rovers in Roswell. He'd prefer to sell you a damage free red 90 himself, but will gladly direct you to a reputable bodyshop if you ask.

If you are in the area this wednesday night at 7pm, come by the Logan's Road House on Mansell Road (just off Exit 8 GA400) for our monthly meeting. There'll be plenty of 90 junkies in the room to give you all kinds of unsolicited advice.
Anything is possible, with the right tools...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

atlanta, body, panels