Body Damage - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
I did that exact bit of damage at Uwharrie this year - it does not go back into shape well at all. That being said, I plan on just rolling with it for a couple years. Maybe I just badly need the cred...

Old June 24th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110
This panel is easily replaced. I have virtually re-bodied most of my defender (bought someone elses rollover). It's easiest to buy the complete side of the truck to include the side and rear panels as well as a new wheel well. This way you simply drill out the rivets in the cappings and the ones under the floormat that hold it to the rest of the tub. Driver's side is easier than the passenger side due to the gas filler. I paid $800 a couple of months ago for the entire side of the truck less the cappings. I then riveted it back together with rover rivets. You can improve on the original by doing things like galvinizing the cappings and placing plastic between the steel cappings and aluminum panels to isolate them from galvanic corrosion. Do it once and do it right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

body, damage