Bluetooth Headset Advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 17th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Alex Lapidus
1994 D90 ST #1716
Bluetooth Headset Advice

Who can recommend a bluetooth headset that is loud enough to hear a conversation and noise-cancelling enough to be heard while driving on the freeway, etc?

Old January 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
try the Blue Ant

Old January 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
shane cates
94 d90
I have to joke with you a bit.

Is this question an oxymoron regarding what the Defender was meant for? I cant even hear my phone ring in there. Thats what is great about it.
I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
And hay
And I love you too
Old January 18th, 2010, 08:30 AM
'94 D-90
With the top on I have a Jawbone that works very well. With the top off its a full nascar pit crew style headset.
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Ex2 Adventures
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90
Honestly, I have not been able to find one

I have a Badger top which fits incredibly well, probably as good as it gets, and its still too loud in the cabin to have a real conversation at highway speeds on any BT headset I have tried. The best of the bunch for me has been the Plantronic Voyager Pro. It has a boom that is on the longer side but the noise cancelling and voice pick-up is strong and its reasonably priced ($85 range I think).
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
I just installed one of these pioneer stereos with built in blue tooth on my ST and its been working very well.

No need for a headset it just comes thru your speakers. I have the microphone clipped to my visor and i can easily have conversation with the top off driving around town and the top on when driving on the freeway. No luck really have a conversation with the top off at highway speeds but they can hear you.
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43
I just bought a Garmin that has Bluetooth built in. I like everything about it so far, so I just need to actually start using it to see what the Bluetooth quality is like. Although I don't think I plan to use it, the model I bought also has a FM transmitter built in, so it can use either its built-in speaker or be broadcast through your radio.

I'll let you know what I think after I have used it a bit. The interface is fantastic though; it even downloads your phonebook and provides an easy way to access it!

"I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me." - Winston Churchill

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions