Blower Motor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Blower Motor

My blower motor went out on my 110, so I'll be replacing it once I get it. I was wondering if there is anything else I should replace/modify while I'm in there. I seem to remember reading that you can make the hole in the bulkhead larger to allow better air flow.

Thanks!
Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Yes, mesure the hole from the heater box and mark it on the bulkhead. Less restriction. Might even get you a bit warmer.. You might want to get your heater matrix a good clean and the heater box as well!
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Warmer would be nice, I'll do that. Having a working blower will probably help with the heat a bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2011, 11:49 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
well, actually, it will get more air in but not hotter.. But as the air flow will be better it might feels warmer but, it is in fact more equally warm..
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I'm thinking about replacing the heater core too since I just replaced my clogged up radiator. I'm sure the heater core is clogged as well.
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

I just removed my heater box in my footwell saga. I ended up replacing the foam that held in the heatercore as my core was wiggling around on its own. I used urethane frost king weatherstripping.

Takes about 15 min to do: drill out the rivets, bend back top of heater box and remove core, strip off old crappy foam, replace and shove it back in. I used self tapping screws to put it all back together and slapped some engine enamel on it
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
red&yellowrovers
Joe Still
95 D90 NAS 3.9l ST AA Yellow #2719

I'm starting to pout my 90 ST back together that was a seized heater motor with severe dahs work leap.

I found the heats boxes not well sealed and a littel bit nof clear siliconne could do a lot. Also the outter gasket is a blind move and mine was partially misalingned'

To do thgis well, put if the heater core and blowef box and THEN install the blower dashboard. BTW the lower dash bulkerd isa a heating pleumun with two inpconnected deflecetors that will fail to defrost only elasily. Anyonme want a pics just ask. js

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
motor