Originally Posted by aaronlam
So I am going to change out the 4 coolant hoses on a 97 D90. Question is, when I put everything back... how do I bleed the coolant system?
From what I gathered... which might be all wrong.
1. Fill coolant in radiator plug but leave plug off (empty reservoir tank and that cap off too)
2. Turn engine on and idle... will coolant come out of the radiator at this point?
3. Turn engine off... top off radiator and cap plug
4. Fill reservoir tank to half and leave cap off
5. Turn engine on and idle
6. Fill reservoir tank to half and cap
Does that sound right? And anything I should be cautioned of?
Check this out...
Although on a 97, I don't think you have a fill port on top of the PS valve cover.
I just drained and refilled on my 95, I didn't to anything with the the port on top of the said valve cover.
After re-filling and running the engine, let it cool, remove the fill plug on top of the rad and expansion tank and top off...