Bilstein Steering Dampner - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Re-Fendered 90
Originally Posted by SPIKE
Live and learn.

Bilstein says the dampner is not adjustable to length but you can drill and install a schrader valve to lessen the pressure. Apparently in the past they used to use more pressure but lower it due to complaints.

My truck has about 30K original miles so it does not have a lot of slop in the front end. The tires are original and have never been rebalanced, bushings are original, etc. which no doubt could be part of the issue

This totally sux do now I need to return the dampner.

I will go with OEM or more likely OME.

I would just go get the cheapest 50/50 shock you can find. These things are all equal.

2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions