Bilstein shocks and bushings - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Bilstein shocks and bushings

I have the opportunity to pick up NEW front and rear Bilstein Shocks (B46-0243 and B46-0253) for $110 total, without bushings. The guy selling them says that I can just use the bushings that are already on the truck (factory) or pick up some bushing from an Auto parts store.

I want to know if these Bilstein are worth purchasing and should I use the old bushings?

If they are a good price and I should replace the bushings, are the poly bushings noisy/squeaky? I've been told that new bushings give a stiffer ride, which I don't want.

Anything else I should ask or know about before purchasing?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Bilstein shocks

What sold me on the Bilstein shocks was the lifetime warrenty. You may want to contact Bilstein and ask if the shocks are bought from an individual rather than an authorized dealer if the warrenty applies.

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:09 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Received a vague answer about the warranty from Bilstein. Anyone have any input in regards to my questions?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

At $110 they are worth it. At list price they are just plain an overpriced shock. You can use either bushing you want. You will not really notice a difference. When I still had bushings, I would crack the poly and the rubber, so I just stayed with the cheaper option.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bilstein, bushings