Bilstein install question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 19th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW
Bilstein install question

I am installing new bilstein shocks in the rear. I noticed that the upper rubber shock mounts included with the shocks don't have a metal sleeve that runs through the two bushings. Should there be a sleeve running through it? The upper factory shock bushings did have a metal sleeve through the middle. The bushings included with the Bilsteins seem to fit snuggly on the shock mount so it dosen't seem there is room for a sleeve. Can someone help me out?

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:21 AM
109/110 ambulance-55 series I
No sleeve on the old man emus. If it is snug, ill bet you are fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions