Bilstein 5150 - can they be revalved? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Michael Slade
No Land Rovers
D-90 Source Vendor
Bilstein 5150 - can they be revalved?

Hey gang,

Just put some Bilstein 5150's on the Serious One. The front feels really good...the back feels really bad. VERY hoppy, so much so that the rear end bounced off the ground after going over a speed-bump in the neighborhood tonight.

Can I re-valve them? I got them from JKS as a partial trade for some work, so I don't know if I can send them back.

I have some other shocks I can run instead, but I wanted to use these Bilstein's if I could.

Any advice?

Michael Slade
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
Check Bilstiens site. There is a guide to doing it. I've revalved my 7100s lots of times. If you can do it, it'll be on the site. Off the top of my head, I don't think you can. However, if you are interested I have a set of 7100s (8 inch travel) Remote resevoir. that I'll sell to you very cheap. They've been sitting on the shelf and were used for maybe 600 miles. They have a little surface rust on em in a few spots otherwise are in great shape. They are valved 375/80. I run 400/100 in the back of my d-90 with no sway bars and it's rock solid.
Land Rovers are by far the best looking 4x4 on the back of a flatbed...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions