Bfg Km - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

I went to the Dedham Town Fair and they quoted $210. Of course, they'll match any local price so Costco's at $161. Costco has free lifetime balance while Town has free one time front end alignment.

Plus I'm not a Costco member yet so taht's another $45. If I can get Town to match Costco's deal I'll go with them - they have lifetime free internal repair for ANY damage, better than Costco.

Old April 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM
'94 D90 ST
I'm looking to do the same thing as Arthur. I've decided to go with BFG MT. I've had TrXus recommended, but I've not seen any so have only what a couple people have said to go on. I'm not going with ATs - they suck in mud (BTDT). I'm ruling out MT/Rs due to slightly higher cost and reported tread ware not being as good as BFG. I'm familiar with BFG and I've seen enough of the MT/Rs on the trail, and decided to go with BFG MTs.

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:46 PM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
Well I have owned BFG MT in the past and now have TrXus. The BFGs are crap in the mud. Barely better than an all terrain tire. Worse, they are horrid on hard, slippery surfaces. Much worse than ANY tire I've seen. I would seriously advise anybody against those tires from my personal experience.

The TrXus have been great in all conditions. Not as good as a real mudder in the mud but not far off.

And the negative side by side comment above is BS. These Rubis are locked both ends and should walk around us. If we do better with open diffs, then it is the tires, period.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:53 PM
1995 SW #487/500
a swamper is a swamper. I have seen the MTR's in action, I dont think they perform that well in mud, more oriented to dry rocks. I think the BFG MT is a nice tire.
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old April 18th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
Well, thats Johns opinion and he is free to add his to the conversation. Some people just dont like BFGs.

Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions