Defender Source Forum banner

Best Way to Replace Windscreen Frame Seal on a 110 NAS

Tags
110 ac nas
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  R. Kurk 
#1 ·
I need to replace the rubber seal (part # ALR1737) on the lower edge of the front windscreen frame on my 1993 Defender 110 NAS. The existing rubber has become dry and brittle and is the likely source of a water leak that shows up in the rainy season (Oct to April here in California). I would like to try and avoid disassembling more than the required body parts and or interior components to get the windscreen frame loose. Can anyone tell me the most efficient method and the specific steps to gain access to the seal?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Windscreen frame has to come out. That means front sections of the cage off, roof front and middle sections disconnected. you might be able to pry the roof up enough to get the windscreen frame out. There are spikes on the bulkhead that keep it in place so it has to go up before it will come out. "Might" be able to pry the roof up enough, but you liekly will have to take the roof section almost all the way off.

Short answer... there is no easy way.

#3 ·
Thanks for the information. I think instinct told me it would not be easy which is why I asked before proceeding. I may try and do this and include working on the roll cage attachment (exterior to interior section) at the roof which should be sealed up as well as a preventive step. It will come down to how ambitious I feel. Again thanks, your input is appreciated.

Rich K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.