Best size of roof tent for D90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 19th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Dakar2014
Juan

Best size of roof tent for D90?

Anyone can help me with the right size of a Maggiolina roof tent for my D90 ( 2013 )? Im interested in a pop up tent. Not interested in fold tents. Any comments on the carbon or expedition models of Autohome roof tents?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:26 PM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
I can't really help much on the size, but I can say great things about their tents!! We have the Medium size regular Maggiolina model on our 110 and it's been awesome - always dry and super comfortable! The mattress that came with the tent is incredible - My shoulders will normally kill me sleeping on anything but a decent bed, and they never give me any trouble in the Autohome! I love the quickness of setup/takedown and the durability...Money well spent!

When we purchased ours, we called the US supplier and they were super helpful on sizing and model options - they love talking about these things so give them a call and get all the details straight from some experts. I know they've made several new models since we bought ours, so a call to them will probably be a wealth of knowledge! Let us know what you get...
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar2014 View Post
Anyone can help me with the right size of a Maggiolina roof tent for my D90 ( 2013 )? Im interested in a pop up tent. Not interested in fold tents. Any comments on the carbon or expedition models of Autohome roof tents?
We are a maggiolina dealer, happy to answer any and all questions.

Send am email and we can connect.

Brian@defendersnw.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2013, 04:49 AM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Hi,
Given your low post count and location, I'll take a leap of faith and speculate that you've not heard of another website that might be similalrly helpful: google the words Expedition Portal. Many of this forums more adventurous members are on there too and it's a really good source of information if you're willing to dig around a bit.
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
Hi,
Given your low post count and location, I'll take a leap of faith and speculate that you've not heard of another website that might be similalrly helpful: google the words Expedition Portal. Many of this forums more adventurous members are on there too and it's a really good source of information if you're willing to dig around a bit.
Great testimonials on the tents in real world use on the exped site - but not as much info on Defender specific fit. Jeff is spot on with the sizing info. The other thing to consider is the opening mechanism and door positioning. Also mounting options will affect sizing considerations.

I've had two, used them for more than 30 nights this year, on two defenders with three different mourning systems. About to mount up another and test it on an Alaska trip in October.

On a SW I'd look first at the airtop or Columbus (benefits to both just depends on preferences and planned use). On a ST or Double cab the other versions are more viable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Dakar2014
Juan

Thanks

I apprecciate all your answers and suggestions. Ill google the expedition portal and contact a maggiolinna dealer. Since Im located in south america, I have to be 100% sure that the tent is the correct size, due to shipping costs to my country. I have a hard top def90 2013. I plan to travel across the brazilian rainforest ( my second time ) and need the best roof tent available in the market! Just for two persons.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, roof