Defender Source Forum banner

Best Route during Summer from Boston to Virginia

Tags
virginia
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  artm 
#1 ·
I'm flying to Boston tomorrow to pick up a 90, but am a little worried about the summer beach traffic between Boston and NJ. Any other routes you know of that can help me avoid sitting in traffic all weekend?

#4 ·
Choices are limited. Depends on the time of day and the day.
For god's sake DO NOT take the 95 on a Friday or Sunday afternoon or evening. Traffic is bad and if there is an accident then even the south lanes stop.
NJ no big deal as long as you watch the prime intersections (287 & 80 for example) between 3:30 & 7pm as it is rush hour. NYers are mad :)

Are you going to gun it and go straight through?
Come on - all you NY and Jersyites - chime in here.

#5 ·
1of40 said:
I'm flying to Boston tomorrow to pick up a 90, but am a little worried about the summer beach traffic between Boston and NJ. Any other routes you know of that can help me avoid sitting in traffic all weekend?
I drive up to Manchester, NH at least once a month. I haven't had any problems on 84 (CT) or the Mass Pike. If you want to avoid traffice going thru NY/NJ on 95 then take the Merritt Pkwy (15) to 287 (Cross Westchester), go over the Tappan Zee Bridge (stop by my place for a pit stop... hehehehe... I'm only 3 miles from the bridge) and then go down the Palisades Pky over to 95 (you will at least avoid the GWB). Or you can hop on the Garden State Pkwy which isn't too far from me.

If you need any hep or directions feel free to call me at 845-667-9300, I will be around all weekend fixing some leaks on my Rover (what else is new)..

Congrats on the D90 and drive safely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.