best "drop in" option for ROW battery tray? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

best "drop in" option for ROW battery tray?

Hello,
it's been a long Summer of brining my 90 (aka lil' green firepit) back from the dead. It's re-wired, front to back. The motor has been gone over etc. and it's running nicely. I'm going after smaller, more managable, projects now. I'm trying to decide the best way to fix what is left of the battery compartment. The floor there is rotted through, and the battery just kind of slides around on what's left of the tray. I see plenty of "double battery" tray's for sale online and I've seen an NAS one on a forum vendor's site. Do any of you have a suggestion? Should I just weld something up myself? Will the NAS one drop in? It looks like the most complete option; the "double adapters" are just shallow trays. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	30814  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
Hello,
it's been a long Summer of brining my 90 (aka lil' green firepit) back from the dead. It's re-wired, front to back. The motor has been gone over etc. and it's running nicely. I'm going after smaller, more managable, projects now. I'm trying to decide the best way to fix what is left of the battery compartment. The floor there is rotted through, and the battery just kind of slides around on what's left of the tray. I see plenty of "double battery" tray's for sale online and I've seen an NAS one on a forum vendor's site. Do any of you have a suggestion? Should I just weld something up myself? Will the NAS one drop in? It looks like the most complete option; the "double adapters" are just shallow trays. Thanks.

any problems with just using the standard j-bolts and retainer arm to hold it down?
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:45 AM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromWhitby View Post
any problems with just using the standard j-bolts and retainer arm to hold it down?
No, no problem. It's just that I want to address the gaping holes in the floor of the storage area itself. It takes "vented" to a whole new level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2010, 11:47 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I would just patch it. I am pretty sure you can use the battery box RN sells for $159 or someone in the forsale section had some take off ones that had been galvanized.
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I would just patch it. I am pretty sure you can use the battery box RN sells for $159 or someone in the forsale section had some take off ones that had been galvanized.
Thanks, that's the direction I was looking for!
Old September 11th, 2010, 02:44 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

The Devon4x4 one worked well for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
battery