Belt and Hose Kit - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
JRW
John
94 D90 ST #1247

Belt and Hose Kit

I have both the belt and hose kits in transit from AB for my 94 3.9 ST. At the same time I am going to replace the thermostat and the heater blower motor.

Anybody have any sage advice, comments, thoughts or cautions to share before I get started? Would there be any benefit to the board to document the process for a tech article?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Would there be any benefit to the board to document the process for a tech article?"

Yes. I am sure many would appreciate it.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
I too think a tech article would be very cool.

Sorry that I dont have much to add as far as advice goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW
I have both the belt and hose kits in transit from AB for my 94 3.9 ST. At the same time I am going to replace the thermostat and the heater blower motor.

Anybody have any sage advice, comments, thoughts or cautions to share before I get started? Would there be any benefit to the board to document the process for a tech article?

Thanks in advance.
There is no drain cock on a stock radiator. Use a siphon pump to pump out as much coolant from the radiator as possible, then pull the bottom hose to completely drain.

The heater hose coming from the upper intake to the heater pipe above the PS valve cover can be a real PITA to remove due to the valley seal braket lip. Be prepared to cut the hose off. With a file, I filed the lip down about a 1/16" on the valley seal braket where the hose passes over for ease of installation for the new hose.

Good luck!

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

If you want to do a full flush there are also two drain plugs on the engine block, on a D2 they stick one inside the right engine mount, not sure about on a V8 Defender, a whole lot more comes out when you pull them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

John, If you want a hand, or at least someone to hand you beers, let me know. Dakon

Follow-up Post:

Oh, I've got the repair manuals on CD, not sure if it will help or not, but you're welcome to it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
kit