being lazy - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 27th, 2008, 11:15 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

No. Not as of yet anyway. Nothing abnormal in any way/aspect.
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOD77
Increase pick-up, decreased engine braking, throaty sound. I love it. The only real issue I could see would be the sound, I know some of you don't prefer the loud, in-your-face, Borla exhaust and this only heightens the noise.[/font]
Hey Jonathan,

Just for my own edification, can you explain how the air filter install would decrease your engine braking? I was always under the impression that engine braking was a function of cylinder compression (hence the reason Diesels kill gas engines with engine braking), and as such, you would have to decrease cylinder compression to have such an effect, no?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Not really sure. Perhaps I'm using the wrong expression. I own several Macks and several peterbilts and you're correct with the engine brake on it decreases cylinder compression to slow the truck down w/o brakes or down shifting. What I'm talking about goes as follows. Before the K&N if I were running 70MPH on the highway, downhill and downwind of course, and I were to let up on the throttle the Defender drops to 50-40 quick quickly. Now when I'm running the highway way if I let off the gas it still slows down of course but much much slower than it used to. Engine braking IS the correct term but I understand what you mean b/c it shouldn't effect it. The filter was the only mod performed at that time and it really did make a noticable difference.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions