Defender Source Forum banner

Battery/ Seat Box Dimensions for CAD Project

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackField 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a hobby level CAD guy and have volunteered to do two back to back MEDEVAC shifts starting tomorrow to work on a project.

I'm going to make some specialized seat rails for an aftermarket seat and since I'm currently in Kosovo without access to my 110 I was hoping someone can do a quick measure for me.

1. Length of driver seat rail as it sits on the battery box. Just the rail that bolts to the box.

2. Length of battery box front to rear.

3. Height of rear seat hinge that allows 60/40 rear bench to tumble forward.

4. Height above the rear load floor to bottom of the rear most portion of seat frame.

5. Rear seat back distance to wheel well arch. To the 45° or so angle prior to where the rear bench would go.

If you happen to know any one of these dimensions it would be very helpful. I hope to get the brackets done in CorelCAD over the next couple of days then get a machining quote from the guys over at practicalmachinist.com maybe make a set out of nylon or delrin and check for fit and pheasabilty when I get back to the states in May.

Thanks
Oscar

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all,

I'm a hobby level CAD guy and have volunteered to do two back to back MEDEVAC shifts starting tomorrow to work on a project.

I'm going to make some specialized seat rails for an aftermarket seat and since I'm currently in Kosovo without access to my 110 I was hoping someone can do a quick measure for me.

Thanks
Oscar
Oscar,

I am at work but if someone else has not already done so I would be happy to send the info this evening when I get home?

Aaron

#6 ·
Can't help you with a 110... but I hear Bondsteel is quite cushy these days. Is it true MWR put in a taco bell and burger king?

#7 ·
Oscar, got a last minute invite to Ducks game so going to be later tonight or first thing in the AM sorry ?

#8 ·
Aaron, No problem. Decided to do some more pencil and paper before digging into the new program. Plan on firing up the old computer here in a few.

Navydevildoc, Bondsteel does have both a taco bell and a burger king but the single best MWR facility in Kosovo are the girls that work in the PX (so I hear).

O2batsea, A 3D printer is high on my list of toys before I get out of the Army. When I do get out I would love to sit around and design parts and random toys and print them all day.

Rocky, I haven't seen a Brit here in over 8 months. Plenty of 110s, but they all have door locks that work, crazy.

#9 ·
Have some shots for you but cant figure out how to upload? Send me your email and I will send them over aaron@dpllc.com.

#10 ·
Hopefully this will work

Here we go...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.