battery light.... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:06 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
battery light....

I have check the search and found a few listings about this but couldn't solve my problem. I have checked the alternator output and it is fine. So is the battery. The light flickes on and off from time to time. Runs fine, and never shows any signs of it coming losing power. All the connections seem fine. Could a lose alternator belt cause this? I'm at a loss.

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Hmmm, when exactly does it come on? If it happens at night, at idle, with the headlights, radio and A/C on, I wouldn't be too worried yet.

It could be a problem in the circuit for the light itself, and nothing to do with the actual electrical power system. Like the oil pressure, it's another symptom of the serious lack of real gauges in this kind of vehicle.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Thats the thing, sometimes it goes off in the morning, other times in the afternoon. It didn't come on for a few days then it was back this morning....strange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Mine acted that way for a while, I think it was just a loose connector someplace. If the Tach is working OK and the battery and the Alt tested out fine then I bet some of the wiring is loose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
battery, ht