Battery disconnect location - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 30th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Battery disconnect location

Best place for a battery disconnect on the 95 RRC?

I've got a battery drain (clock? radio warning light? CD changer? something else?) that will kill the battery stone dead in a week or so. It's a nearly brand new yellow optima, so I don't think it's the battery.

When I finish the VC swap and Waxoyling, I'll get it inspected, then legal, then driving more regularly. In the meantime, the truck sits a lot, so i need a way of keeping the battery alive.

Good news is that the radio, which has refused the code for almost 4 months, now works after sitting with a dead battery for 3 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson00

Good news is that the radio, which has refused the code for almost 4 months, now works after sitting with a dead battery for 3 weeks.
IIRC if the code is input incorrectly the radio must be left on with the ignition on for 1hr straight before it clears its memory and will accept the code again. If it still isn't legal and you haven't been driving it my guess is that it has not set for over an hour with the radio & ignition on. Either it finally has or the batt. being completely dead for so long reset it.
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
There is usually a faster way to reset the radio. There is a guy who repairs radios if you search the site, and he can tell you how. You hold down two buttons....or something.

http://www.roverville.us/

Also, do you have any aux lights? Just curious, but I had a battery drain problem and the cause of it was an incorrectly wired relay. The lights would work fine, but battery drain occured after a week. It took me 3 years to figure it out.

97 D90 SW

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
battery, disco