Badger top mounting rail info - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 21st, 2007, 02:38 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Badger top mounting rail info

Im recieveing a Badger 2 soon and need to put the mounting rails on my '94. I need the side rails and back rails.. and.. thats it? I know I have to modify the windshield header a bit, any other mods necessarty for a 94 that has lived its whole life with the Tickford?

Are the side rails sold as one part # and the back kit sold as another part#? Can I nut/bolt or should I rivet, is there a factory part # or dimensional spec for the correct rivets??

Thanks alot, I've been getting rained on for too long, can't wait to have a bit of isolation from the elements... It's been a while since anyone's wanted to ride in the D!

~Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Steve,

I recommend the belt rail kit from Rovers North ($47.25 and part #LRNA71707). It comes with the 2 side bars, and 2 back bars and instructions.

They also sell the aluminum rivets you need (#78248). Or you can use standard 3/16" aluminum rivets. I think that is the right size. If I remember correctly, I used the 3/16" diameter rivets that are 1/2" long.

You will only need to drill out a few of the back existing rivets and drill some new holes for the new rivets along the side. I held the bar in place with some clamps, marked the holes and drilled away. 5 minutes later it was ready to go. Probably the easiest thing I ever mounted to the Defender.

Also, the instructions will tell you to add some spacer washers to a few of the back rivets. You will see what I mean, but it is definitely a good idea.

Good luck!

Greg
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:25 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm in New Windsor NY right now if you need to look at my truck for placement or drilling reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:27 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Thanks for the info Greg, and thanks for the opportunity Jim. Ill be doing this in early august (on vacation now) so I cant really come up to NY to check a truck out. Maybe then!

~Steve

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
badger, mount