Badger Half Tonneau install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Badger Half Tonneau install

Hey I picked up a badger half cab set up used and alls well except the rear tonneau install. Anybody have one of these they can take a few pics of? Specifically the placement of the wooden slat and the same for the angled piece of aluminum with the belt rail on it. Not sure exactly where to put them. Or if anyone has measurements about where in the tub they go that would be great.

Additionally, I have '94 and had to install the belt rail system, but the instructions don't mention where to place the two small pieces for the rear of the tub. A pic or measurements on those would also be appreciated.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Not quite sure what you're talking about. Take pics. check my for sale of the half tonneau, too. I've never heard of wood being involved...

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27480
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
The wood slat goes at the top of the tub rails, inside the rails, dead center (front to back) of the tub, parallel to the rear bumper basically. It is a "bow" that pushes up on the center of the cover to allow water to shed and keep it more rigid overall.

I am assuming the metal angle you mentioned is the piece that goes at the bottom of the drop curtain portion just behind the driver and passenger seats. The half tonneau ties into it (slides?), and then the drop curtain zips to the half-tonneau, IIRC.

The two rear pieces of the belt rails just goes tight up to the underside of the cappings, short one on the passenger side, long one on the driver side, I think. I would place these after the tonneau cover is on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:44 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Gracias. Do you know where the "tensioner bar" (the angled piece that goes at the front of the tub) bolts to? Do I have to drill into the tub itself or can it be bolted to existing holes?
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcampbel@nas.edu View Post
Gracias. Do you know where the "tensioner bar" (the angled piece that goes at the front of the tub) bolts to? Do I have to drill into the tub itself or can it be bolted to existing holes?
Mine had holes there...right behind the cantrails. I'd assume Chris would design them to work with a stock truck, so probably no drilling? That doesn't really help, but I try.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
It was a while ago, but I think you existing rivet holes (after drilling out the rivets).
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Cool. I guess I can always pop some rivnutters in there and bolt it down that way. Thanks for the help.

B
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

I have the rear tonneau on and it's not necessary to use the wooden piece or the metal bar. Once you've got the cover secured in the belt rails, there should be enough tension to hold the cover taut.

If you really want the middle super tight then go ahead and use the wooden bar in the middle of the tub. The metal bar should be secured up right to the base of the B-pillar. I didn't feel like drilling the tub so I omitted both and have never had a problem with it staying on or tight. It's been on for about 10 years now with no problems.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by specops1526 View Post
The metal bar should be secured up right to the base of the B-pillar. I didn't feel like drilling the tub so I omitted both and have never had a problem with it staying on or tight. It's been on for about 10 years now with no problems.
Oops, yes I meant "B" Pillar, not Cantrail

I always forget to consult this before mentioning any roll cage parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roll_cage_parts.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	32734  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

Bill,

You can always call me.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
508-394-2680
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
If you plan to use the mounts at the B Pillar you will probably need a specialty bit (security torx). I think it's a T-50. That being said, I run my setup without the stiffener bar and works well

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
badger